- Next East Durham AAP Virtual Board Meeting
- Towns and Villages Programme
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service – Community Risk Management Plan Online Consultation
- PACT Meetings
- Durham Youth Council Young People’s Award 2021
- Eastlea Community Centre – New Kitchen
- Citizens Advice County Durham Newsletter
- School Holiday Activities
- Mental Health and Emotional Support Services
- Healthwatch County Durham COVID Vaccine Survey
1.Next Board Meeting
The next virtual Board Meeting of the East Durham AAP will be held on Wednesday 10 March 2021 at 6pm via Microsoft Teams.
If you would like to attend this meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.
2.Towns and Villages Programme
Durham County Council’s Towns and Villages Programme is transforming communities across County Durham, improving the areas where people live, work and visit. The council have listened to the issues we have told them are of most concern and have plans to address them. The council’s recent investments include phase two of the development work at Dalton Park, improvements to the retail parade in Murton and ongoing work to develop Peterlee retail park. It has refurbished car parks in Seaham, replaced the Aldi store in Peterlee and opened a new multi-million-pound train station at Horden. It also has Durham Villages Regeneration and Believe Housing schemes in Peterlee and Seaham, a Chapter Homes housing development in Seaham and continued developments at Jade Business Park.
Upcoming plans include:
• Free Wi-Fi in the town centre and digital training for retailers
• The return of the popular Seaham Food Festival
• The continuation of the Seaham Townscape Heritage project to restore buildings and improve spaces
• A community housing scheme
• New leisure facilities as part of leisure transformation programme
• A19 junction improvements south of Seaham
• Demolition of the former Easington Colliery School and creation of a temporary park
• Parking schemes at Easington Villages and Parkside
• Walking and cycling improvements south of Pesspool Wood to Wingate and improvements to the Murton and Dalton Park link
• Regulation of private landlords with selective licensing across the area
• Tackling empty properties across the area
Find out more at: www.durham.gov.uk/townsandvillages
3. County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service – Community Risk Management Plan Online Consultation
Have your say on the plans for the County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service – Community Risk Management Plan. From 8th February 2021 – 23rd March 2021, you can take part in their online consultation. They will be gathering views from communities across the whole of County Durham. This year, they will be doing an online consultation due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Check out the website below to read the short report and take part in the consultation:
4. PACT Meetings
The next local Peterlee PACT meeting will be held on 5 March 2021 between 7pm and 8pm. Meeting dates will be shared on the Facebook pages below and Keep in the Know.
5. Durham Youth Council Young People’s Awards 2021
This year, DYC have been tasked with planning and hosting an awards event to recognise and celebrate the achievements of young people and those that support and advocate for young people.
The event is planned for the Easter Holidays and the nomination processes have now started. You don’t have to be a ‘professional’ to nominate, anyone can nominate a person or young person for the awards. Nominations close 19 March 2021.
6.Eastlea Community Centre – New Kitchen
A new community kitchen is helping to provide hundreds of meals for residents who are vulnerable or isolating across County Durham. The transformation of Eastlea Community Centre in Seaham is now helping to provide much needed support to residents in East Durham, thanks to our funding support. Our East Durham Area Action Partnership (AAP) provided a £5,000 grant contribution from local members Cllrs Eddie and Jennifer Bell’s Neighbourhood Budgets, in order to refurbish the outdated kitchen. A further grant of £10,000 was also issued by the National Lottery’s Awards for All Community Fund.
All courses currently offered by DurhamWorks can be found via the link below:
The CACD DurhamWorks Team now also have a Tik Tok presence, so if you’d like to watch their videos, share them and get in touch or comment on their employability tips, please follow:
7. School Holiday Activities
We have worked with partners across East Durham AAP and County Durham to provide a range of activities for children during the school holidays. From doorstep gigs to family cook-alongs,
check out our highlight video for some of the best bits! It’s fantastic to see so many happy, smiling faces.
East Durham AAP had a funding pot of £4,000 which was made available for activities for children, young people and families during the February half term holidays in 2021. The scheme supported local community groups and organisations based in the East Durham AAP area to deliver enriching holiday activities with healthy food provision during the February half term holiday.
8. Mental Health and Emotional Support Services
Please see the attached information around mental health and emotional support services available to adults, children, young people and families in County Durham.
9. Healthwatch County Durham – COVID Vaccine Programme Survey
Healthwatch County Durham are undertaking a survey on the COVID Vaccine Programme and would like to know your thoughts. Closing date is 26th February 2021.
A link to the survey can be found below:
We hope you find the information useful and please be aware that all of the officers from the East Durham AAP Team are, along with all AAP staff countywide, other DCC colleagues and partners, continuing to work as hard as possible for the residents and communities that we serve.
Please note that all the AAP Team continue to work from home, however, we are all contactable on our usual e-mail addresses and phone numbers.